EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE.
ALTHOUGH EVERY NEGOTIATION IS NOT EASY.
Most Oracle® customers think of their contracts as simple purchasing documents that allow them to use Oracle® software. Oracle® knows this and optimized its contract process based on the strengths and weaknesses of their customers’ procurement and negotiating processes. With every consolidation, new purchase, migration, or contract change, there is an opportunity for Oracle® to reverse what customers previously negotiated.
Oracle has an arsenal of resources primarily focused on defending and enforcing the Oracle Licence Service Agreement (OLSA). The Oracle contracts themselves are a labyrinth of regulations with ever-changing URLs and referenced policies. Oracle has a standard practice of having ruthless focus on the bottom line extorting their customers in a scheme summarized into three major points:
- Extreme complexities are written into the Oracle contract while suspiciously vague licensing policies.
- Oracle software is installed with the main products and enabled by default resulting in customers using features they haven't licenced.
- Oracle then issues a 'breach notice' accompanied with Oracle's Licence Management Service (LMS).
While they will call it a review, you are actually being audited and bringing a customer into compliance is NOT the (primary) goal. They will use this opportunity to sell services they may not want or need or even try to renegotiate the terms of your contract by selling cloud 'credits' to avoid hefty compliance fines.
At LicenseFortress we leverage our decades of Oracle expertise to navigate the murky waters of an Oracle contract to achieve optimal results.
- Reduction in the number of licences required for virtualization
- Eliminate pay back-licence, back-support, or audit fees
- Better manage and prevent compliance issues
We provide our customers with confidence that their ongoing Oracle licensing is efficient, compliant – and guaranteed.
Contact us - today.